Comprehensive Maintenance Management of Facilities and Assets
The CARLOS III of MADRID UNIVERSITY (UC3M) has awarded IDASA SISTEMAS, through a public bidding process, the SUPPLY OF LICENSES, MAINTENANCE AND IMPROVEMENTS OF THE COMPREHENSIVE MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM for the UC3M facilities and assets under “SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE” (SaaS) modality for the 2020-2024 period.
The UC3M is among the best Spanish universities for its academic performance, according to the report “The Spanish University in Figures. Academic year 2017/2018”, edited by the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) with the collaboration of Santander Universities. It ranks 34th worldwide and 12th in Europe, according to the QS Top 50 Under 50 ranking. (Source: QS World University / Rankings)
The UC3M is organized into 4 campuses: Getafe, Leganés, Colmenarejo and Madrid Puerta de Toledo, and the Leganés Science Park with 31 buildings built and a total surface area of 340,456 m2.
UC3M has modern facilities adapted to the new European Higher Education Area for teaching and carrying out internships. In addition, it has spaces for group or individual work, libraries, audiovisual rooms and computer rooms.
UC3M performance and management indicators:
- Number of annual corrective maintenance work orders: 2018: 13,126; 2017: 13,478
- Number of annual preventive maintenance work orders: 2018: 43,000; 2017: 42,000.
- Total of managed assets: 22,146.
Source: UC3M’s website.
Scope and Main Objectives
The deployment of ROSMIMAN® IWMS & SERVICES covers the comprehensive maintenance management (predictive, corrective, preventive and technical-legal) to be carried out at the UC3M. The scope of action being the comprehensive maintenance of facilities and buildings in any of the campuses and centres of the University and its related assets: chillers and boilers, distribution systems, different spaces (offices, classrooms, halls, toilets, common areas, technical rooms and any other indoor and outdoor spaces), cleaning services, green areas, elevators and automatic doors, PCI, electrical maintenance, removals, etc.
The scope of this project is multiple:
– Audit services of the situation of the starting point with the preparation of improvement proposals prior to the tasks of implementing the ROSMIMAN® IWMS & SERVICES system.
– Integrations of corporate databases, applications and security already deployed in the different campuses, such as:
- The corporate single sign-on and identity system.
- Web community service, through which the university community and citizens can send requests for service provision, request for information and suggestions.
- Call Center service where distinct types of service requests are received: audio-visuals, maintenance, IT, laboratories, security, telephony, transfers, etc. the latter to be managed from the ROSMIMAN® IWMS Facility Management module.
- Implementation of regulations in quality and environmental management systems.
- Identification system of spaces and assets with barcodes, QR or NFC through the ROSMIMAN® IWMS space and workplace management system.
- Geographic identification system to inventory and locate assets in spaces and units of the University (GIS).
- Integration with different BIM and IoT pilots, and monitoring of energy consumption currently in progressive deployment phase at the University.
– Customisation for use at the UC3M: corporate image, different technical roles, different user data, personalized templates, etc.
– Configuration of the tool so that it can be used for different contractors and technicians, both internal and external.
– Training for administrators, maintenance managers, team leaders, technicians and operators.
– Detailed documentation of the actions carried out throughout the project and start-up, including a monitoring and improvement plan, with post-implementation audits to improve the exploitation.
Data exploitation and advanced analytics
IDASA SISTEMAS will deploy its powerful BI (Business Intelligence) system for data exploitation and advanced analytics in real time with INTERACTIVE and VISUAL graphics that will be integrated into the ROSMIMAN® IWMS & SERVICES solution.
ROSMIMAN® IWMS & SERVICES Analytics offers a wide library of interactive reports and dashboards under the EN 15341:2007 standard and with detailed information on all management and action areas.
- Indicators, reports and statistics.
- Management and monitoring of SLAs (service-level agreement for different types of cases).
- Customized reporting and statistics system, as well as a specific UC3M dashboard segmented by profiles.
SmartCampus UC3M 2020
IDASA SISTEMAS, given its extensive experience in deploying solutions for Smart Cities, will actively participate in the implementation of Smart Cities scheme to university campuses: Deployment of management solutions in CLOUD environments (current case already in operation), IoT connectivity (Internet of Things), Machine-Machine Communications, AI Applications (Artificial Intelligence), Mobile Apps Engine – offline sync engines, push technology, etc.
All this, collaborating with UC3M technical teams in the identification of potential applications or transferring practical knowledge and experience already applied in the ROSMIMAN® SMART CITIES platform.
About ROSMIMAN® IWMS Global Site
Collaborative Global solutions for the comprehensive management of real estate assets, infrastructures, facilities and services.
With more than 25 years of experience, ROSMIMAN is the leading provider in the design, implementation and development of software solutions for asset management, with its ROSMIMAN® IWMS Global Site suite of products for Maintenance, Facility Management and Cloud services, carrying out the most relevant and significant projects in Spain, both from the private and public sectors.
ROSMIMAN® IWMS & Services Global Site integrates in a single software platform a system with the greater functional, operational and technological scope of the market and includes:
- Real estate & Property Management.
- Space & Workplace Management.
- Integrated Services Management.
- Asset & Maintenance Management.
- Project Management.
- Environmental Sustainability.
With more than 500 companies in 16 countries as clients and a highly-qualified team of professionals and engineers with PMP® certifications, under the best practices of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and PRINCE2 methodologies, to manage, design, build and implement high added value projects to our customers, ROSMIMAN has all the talents, skills, experiences and resources which have shaped what we are: market presence with brand integrity, continued trust and loyalty of our clients and reliable, and committed services for more than 10,000 direct users from 30 different sectors using ROSMIMAN® solutions every day in their companies.
We combine advanced technology and investment in R+D+i, with extensive operational experience, to deliver innovative and practical solutions aimed at maximising the maintenance and facility management operations of our clients. We focus on providing practical, useful, simple, intuitive and user-friendly software solutions, so that the use of technology in business is not an obstacle, understanding the kind of current and future challenges faced by our customers in every industry and activity.