ROSMIMAN SOFTWARE CORPORATION has been awarded the public tender of B:SM BARCELONA DE SERVEIS MUNICIPALS, a public company of Barcelona City Council
The expected contract execution is six years long and will take place in three phases: the first 18 months for implementation, a second one of system stabilization and a third phase to incorporate new areas and technological improvements.
The local public company B:SM BARCELONA DE SERVEIS MUNICIPALS is responsible for various services and local infrastructures including: underground and aboveground car parks, transports, Fòrum, Park Güell, Barcelona Parc Zoològic, The Olympic Ring, Parc Montjuïc and Tibidabo Amusement Park, among others.
The strategic objectives of B:SM are: maintenance costs reduction, operations improvement, maintenance homogenization and processes standardization in the different divisions and units.
ROSMIMAN SOFTWARE CORPORATION consolidates its leading position in Spain with ROSMIMAN® IWMS solutions as leader provider in the information systems sector for Maintenance, Facility Management & Services and also for Smart Cities.
As a local public company for the Barcelona City Council, B:SM BARCELONA DE SERVEIS MUNICIPALS, S.A. is integrated in the definition of “public sector”, with the mission to contribute to the Barcelona city development and improving the citizens and visitors quality of life, managing services ordered by the City Council with efficiency, proactivity, adding value to this management services and optimizing the social and economic profitability.
A Model Company for its contribution to meet citizens’ and Barcelona City Council’s expectations, innovative in management models that are a reference to other cities, and strong corporate values are the basis of the B:SM commitment with society in provisioning services to citizens.
B:SM manages a huge amount of assets and services, therefore the magnitude of this project adds a high complexity level in processes and services with the aim of achieving a high-level quality service:
- Management of more than 23,000 parking spaces.
- 1,500,000 annual visitors to the Barcelona Parc Zoològic.
- 470,000 annual visitors to the Tibidabo Amusement Park.
- More than 1,400,000 users of The Olympic Ring facilities.
- Management of over 200,000 actions per day on parking meters and 37,000 preferred spaces.
A B:SM project to look ahead to the future.
The aim of optimizing resources and maintaining high efficiency levels of management, generate the need of an asset maintenance management system that offers a high degree of homogenization, standardization and optimization of processes, which allows a global corporate visibility, unifying management systems from different divisions and activities as well as relationships with both internal staff and services subcontractors.
This new approach given by the management of B:SM in order to achieve an integrative model will bring many future benefits as follows:
- Increase synergies in recruitment and material purchasing.
- Monitoring of external maintainers.
- Improve efficiency in maintenance processes.
- To have unified KPIs.
- To have a corporate overview of maintenance.
- Intensive use of new technologies.
- More efficient and flexible integration with other enterprise systems.
- To establish itself as a provider of OPENDATA sources and its access and representation on the OpenStreetMap.
The divisions and operating units to be considered in this project are:
- Car Parks Division which manages regulated parking units (Green / Blue Area) and underground parking.
- Transport Division which manages the cranes and Bus Stations units.
- Fòrum division.
- Park Güell unit.
- Zoo Division which manages the Barcelona Parc Zoològic.
- The Olympic Ring division, which manages the Palau Sant Jordi, Estadi Olímpic, Esplanada Olímpica and the Galeries de serveis de l’Anella Olímpica i BTM (Barcelona Teatre Musical).
- PATSA (Parc d’Atraccions Tibidabo, S.A.) unit.
- Central offices of the new headquarters.
- Parc Montjuïc unit, which manages Escalators, Castell de Montjuïc, Edifici Font del Gat, kiosks / bars, public services and Information points.
Among the B:SM strategic projects are reducing maintenance costs and improving the operation; for it, the ROSMIMAN® implementation will be a homogenization model of maintenance and processes to terminate the model of spreading both information and systems currently used by different divisions and units.
The optimization in resources and management efficiency will give the B:SM maintenance area the possibility to have a corporate visibility of maintenance internally for all its technical and field teams as well as its external subcontractors allowing to integrate them into its processes with a single information system.
This integrating model based on ROSMIMAN® IWMS technology will bring many benefits as increasing synergies for recruitment and monitoring of external maintainers, purchasing and warehouse optimization, improvement of processes and unified KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to have a corporate overview of maintenance.
About ROSMIMAN SOFTWARE CORPORATION and ROSMIMAN® IWMS
With over 20 years of expertise developing software for Asset Maintenance and Facility Management, ROSMIMAN SOFTWARE CORPORATION represents the most solid, specialized and technological proposition in the market.
Having TÜV quality & development certifications and a highly qualified team of professionals with specific certification in Project Management Professional (PMP®) from the Project Management Institute, ROSMIMAN SOFTWARE CORPORATION provides its clients with the latest technologies and knowledge as a “Software Factory”, and also offering consulting, training, IT, Maintenance, Facility Management and Cloud services.
More than 500 companies around the world and more than 10,000 direct users from 30 different industries use ROSMIMAN® IWMS solutions every day in order to optimize the management of their assets.
Combining advanced technology with extensive operational experience, ROSMIMAN® offers innovative and practical solutions designed to maximize the Maintenance and Facility Management of its clients combining advanced technology with extensive operational experience.We focus on providing a simple and easy-to-use interface so that the use of technology not be an obstacle, understanding the current and future challenges faced byour clients in eachfield and activity.
For more information: